PUMI is an unstructured, distributed mesh data management system designed for massively parallel computing.
PUMI supports a full range of operations on unstructured meshes on massively parallel computers consisting of five libraries:
- PCU for phased message passing and thread management.
- GMI for geometric model interface.
- MDS for unstructured mesh representation.
- APF Mesh for partition model and distributed mesh management.
- APF_Field for field management.
PUMI is being developed at RPI's Scientific Computation Research Center and is currently being used on projects sponsored by the DOE, NSF, Army, NASA, IBM and several companies.
For more information, see the PUMI documents.